Power cord length

I upgraded all my power cords to Nordost Red Dawn. My cabinet sits directly in front of outlets. I have McIntosh MC830 monoblocks. Originally I purchased 2m lengths but don't like all the extra cord clutter so purchased a 1m length for left channel amp. After the fact I read Nordost spec sheet which stated minimum length 2m is recommended. Dealer stated "2m works the best for it to really filter". Also, both cords must be same length for "time alignment"; when using monoblocks "different length wires will sound slightly different". I am thinking to buy another 1m for right channel to solve timing thing and additional clutter cleanup. Ok, that's my situation- I am requesting explanations/opinions/knowledge/recommendations-  I read a similar post awhile back and  seek additional clarification. Thank you.

wrighton

my question is why does Nordost offer standard lengths of 1, 1.5, 2 and 3m if less than 2 is 'out of spec'?

I just got a Zavfino FINA 1m PC for my DAC - it was a custom order, same price as 2m - happy camper here.

@clearthinker 

You do believe tonal quality can be addressed simply by manipulating the AC wires coming from the final wall socket going into your equipment ? And of course same with the noise dragged from never never land. Lol 

The 2 meter lenght is required so you can also tune the tonal balance of your speaker output by folding the AC power on itself according to some mystical patterns.

Most of mine are 5 footers for connectivity purpose to anywhere from my furniture to the AC outlets.

Time aligned power? Filtering per unit of conductor length?

What physics text books are on that dealer's shelf?