Power conditioner wire gauge? Serious issue

So I just figured out that all the 10 gauge wiring I have may be a problem if the power conditioner I use only uses 14 or 16 gauge wires to connect all those outlets you plug into in the back of those devices.

The specs are not part of the description when you buy Power conditioners.  Everybody recommends a dedicated 10 gauge wire from the panel but fails to consider what power conditioners use. 

Is this a serious problem? 

jumia

The description of this being a serious issue, a huge problem with profound consequences is hyperbolic and overwrought.  I can assume that every other potential issue in your room and system have been thoroughly worked out?

Perhaps before ripping out sheet-rock, drilling new holes, and imagining copper lugs in the fuse box are better than aluminum, rent a power-meter. plug in your amp(s) and see how much current it's actually pulling.  Go ahead, crank that volume up to 0.0 db and play Carmina Burana.

Then check if it's within the bounds of the wiring already in place.  If it is, then you're in good shape.   If your voltage varies a lot, perhaps a conditioner makes sense, but also consider a pure sine-wave UPS which guards expensive equipment against transient spikes and avoids replacing expensive equipment.  You can get a nice one that will work for almost any purpose for under $300.

@erik_squires "I swear to my dark goddess, my last job was doing cloud IT architecture for government and the powers-that-be insisted we use caches."

Caches don’t make anything faster unless there are other bottlenecks in the system. And yes, I realize you know this.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. Most people know just enough to be absolutely, completely wrong. Particularly in the IT industry. Best of luck ;)

And the wire gauge from the IEC inlet to the power supply is at most 14ga and is usually 16 or 18ga. Not to mention the fuse element is equivalent to a 20ga solid conductor.

I use 10/3 Romex for one reason only: the conductors are pre-twisted in the sheathing and that goes a long way into reducing common mode noise. I steer away from 2-wire Romex because the conductors are parallel and flat, making them a very efficient RFI antenna.

I was having kind of a shitteh day. So, I want to thank you guys for lifting my spirits with this udder (yes udder) BS.

Regards,

barts