Interconnect advice needed

Hi

I need an almost 10 feet interconnect between pre amp and power amp. Both with tubes.
I know all cables affects the signal and naturally I I want this effect to be as small as possible.
I've just bought Klipsch Heresy IV and I don't want the cable to emphase the midrange bump in these speakers even more.

Any suggestion for a cable this long max $1000?

simna

About six years ago I discovered a little known interconnect called "Stager Silver solids", made using pure solid core silver wire in Teflon sleeves.

The performance of these cables is astonishingly good. Totally accurate and transparent, every detail and nuance of music passes through it without hindrance.

I've recommended it to several others who appreciate high-end quality sound reproduction and they have been similarly impressed.

At the Silversolids.com website you'll find dozens of user evaluations and rave reviews - many reviewers bought and kept them. And the best part is: they're very reasonably priced and offer a 30 day satisfaction guarantee.

I agree about the importance of dielectric. Of course air is best, but teflon and cross-linked polyester are a good second. The issue with teflon is soldering - if you make up your own, do so outside and at eye level - burning teflon releases HF, one of the nastiest gasses in the universe.

@waytoomuchstuff 
Toeing in the speakers did not work for me. It only messed up the imaging.

@swann 
Very interesting. Unfortunately not available here in Sweden. And I'm a little "afraid" of silver cables. I like the warmer sound from copper cables.
I have found a brand none have mentioned; Neotech. They have a copper cable called Nemoi-3220 that seems interesting. I will test that cable coming weekend.

@simna 

Sorry the speaker toe in/out did not work well for you.  I believe it was someone else who made this suggestion.

" I read on another forum a post from a guy having the same problem. He got the advice to experiment with toe out."

I thought was a reasonable solution to try in that it was a) cheap (free), b) not difficult to impliment, c) low risk of breaking something, and d) you can easily revert to prior state if not happy with the result.

I'm still sticking with my original suggestion to dampen the horn bodies.  

I would also suggest that if you can borrow or rent cables, try something above your comfort level as a reference.  You may find they are not worth the extra investment -- and return them. Or, you may discover they're the best thing to ever happen to your system, fork over the cash/credit card, or put them on your list of future upgrades.

Just remember that Heresys will definitely will let you how they feel about any changes you make -- good or bad.

Best of luck with this.

John