What CDs to buy

I never thought I would get a CD player but opportunity knocked a couple months ago and here I am with an Audio Research CD6.  All my CDs from 30 years ago are mostly music I no longer listen to much.  I primarily listen to vinyl and stream but thought it would be cool to have an AR top loader and maybe seek out a few special CDs.  Any thoughts on specific CD releases that will give me some renewed respect for the shiny discs?  

dhite71

A lot of great suggestions.  One I haven't seen....Arista GRP.  One of the pioneers of CD digital mastering.  Some of the early stuff was done with JVC Japan.  Always sounds amazing and I'll buy any I see at the Goodwill if I'm browsing for CDs.  Great Jazz catalog!

A few suggestions:

Blues & Blues/Rock - any of Joanne Shaw Taylor’s CDs

- Gary Moore Legacy, Bad for You Baby

- Luther Allison Live in Chicago; Live in Paris

- Walter Trout We’re All in This Together, ALive in Amsterdam

- Christone Kingfish Ingram - Kingfish

-Alastair Green - Dream Train, Live From the 805

- Coco Montoya - Hard Truth

- Popa Chubby Live Big Bad Beautiful

- Alvin Lee Pure Blues

- Joe Bonamassa - Blues of Desperation, Blues Deluxe

- John Mayall - 70th Birthday Concert

Jazz - Female Vocals

- All of Lyndsey Websters and Melody Gardot CDs

- Maysa Blue Velvet Soul

If you like great guitar playing maybe check out music by the following to see if you like any - new flamenco

Strunz & Farah

Roman Street

Nova Menco

Ottmar Liebert

Oscar Lopez

CD’s recorded by STS in the Netherlands are superb.  You could purchase directly from their website at sts-digitalshop.nl

"Graceland" by Paul Simon. There's a lot to like on that album and recorded cleanly.

I feel the early cd the AAD sound better than the DDD.Those are the one's all Digital, that have exaggerated Bass sounds.When I have compared the first AAD cds.to the new,recut ones DDD the AAD win every time.