What CDs to buy

I never thought I would get a CD player but opportunity knocked a couple months ago and here I am with an Audio Research CD6.  All my CDs from 30 years ago are mostly music I no longer listen to much.  I primarily listen to vinyl and stream but thought it would be cool to have an AR top loader and maybe seek out a few special CDs.  Any thoughts on specific CD releases that will give me some renewed respect for the shiny discs?  

dhite71

CD’s recorded by STS in the Netherlands are superb.  You could purchase directly from their website at sts-digitalshop.nl

"Graceland" by Paul Simon. There's a lot to like on that album and recorded cleanly.

I feel the early cd the AAD sound better than the DDD.Those are the one's all Digital, that have exaggerated Bass sounds.When I have compared the first AAD cds.to the new,recut ones DDD the AAD win every time.

Charles Mingus Tijuana Moods (RCA Victor) – even if you're not a dedicated jazz fan. Terrific album and recording.

+1 for Sting's "Ten Summoner's Tales".  Superbly written, played and recorded.

+1 for "Jazz At The Pawnshop".  I've got the 3-CD anniversary edition - marvelous.

Most any Steely Dan will sound good.  Always very well-produced music.  I like "Two Against Nature".  "West of Hollywood" is a great song, one of my reference tunes.  Donald Fagen's "Kamakiriad" is also a stellar recording, nominated for Album of the Year, FWIW.

Norah Jones' "Come Away with Me" was very well done, also a great collection of songs.  Won a Grammy for best engineered album, FWIW.