Tube or solid state

Do you prefer a tube preamp into a solid state amp or a solid state amp into a tube amp,which is your choice for best sound?

fixto

@spaceguitarist : It’s not a good practice to try to speak for others who have different tastes, opinions, and situations than your own. I ultimately trust my ears, not marketing or the opinions of others. Do I take the opinions of others into consideration? Yes, I do. But the final determinant is my own listening. I favor vinyl played through tube equipment because it sounds best to me. I also stream music, and it sounds great, but, to ME, not as great as vinyl (in my system). You are welcome to share your experiences, but telling others their preferences are “wrong”, because you say so is arrogant and presumptuous. Think about what you wrote from the perspective of a reader who has a different viewpoint. It’s offensive. 

I have been a all tube guy for the last 40+ years but I decided to try a SS integrated. I bought a Boulder 866 and could not be happier.   Very musical and incredibly quiet.  SS can be very satisfying. 

McIntosh C2700 into a pair of MC275s. Best system to my ears I've ever heard. No regrets about tubes.