Building a new system after many years away, need some suggestions ... !

Thanks for the help all.... All opinions welcomed !!!

I have been away from high end audio for 10+ years but my wife expressed intreest in collecting vinal. I bought my wife a turntable ATLP-7 and of course you know what happened... and here I am. The reason I was away for some time is I am a pretty accomplished musician and I have a recording studio with state of the art digital recording, Apogee Digital, Neve , Avalon, and API etc... class A preamps and speakers (top of the line Focals etc..) but man somehow records still sound so magical, almost like nothing is between you and the live analog microphone feed.

I used to own a Audible Illusions M3A, Quicksilver M60 monoblocks, silver audio cable and Vandersteen’s but sold it when I moved to buy my bigger house.

I have some active speakers and the turntable for her now need a real preamp etc...but want to put a full system together again with some floor standing speakers (full range not necessary) Polk r700’s ?

I was wondering if the tube pre’s were still worth it with tech coming pretty far in the last 10 years. I imagine the SS measures better now. Im open to differnt opintions. In the end for her and I it’s more about that enjoyment more than me feeling like I’m mastering something.

Of course I’m looking at the Audible 3B but it's a lot of spend on a pre but will.... I do think I want to go SS on the Power Amp this time but again open. Currently have an old Rotel here that may get used for a bit as I get the speakers and other pieces together.

Any suggestions welcomed !

Thanks !

John

sozocaps

My advice is do NOT go down the traditional route of daisy chaining a system together. These days get a pair of active streaming speakers that you can hook your turntable to and you are done. You will have to spend MUCH more to get the equivalent SQ going piecemeal. For example:

So for me wireless speakers are 100% not an option. I have a turntable which made me fall in love with listening to music again. I have a recording studio with top of the line digital and Focals. I did go tube on the pre, I just order a Modulus 3B so now looking for amp/amps, speakers, cables, modest DAC and maybe a phono cartridge upgrade for my lp7. 

Solid state has measured better than tubes for 50 years.  😂

Do you want to LISTEN to them?  That's another story.

How complicated do you want to get?  Luxman integrateds are fabulous performers with unbearably great midrange and treble sweetness, and extension at the bass and treble the envy of most tube amps.

ARC now sounds very different than it did in the 1990s so if you've been away for a while they may be worth auditioning again. 

Just buy a sugden integrated and some tannoy speakers and be done. For a turntable, you cannot beat the new thorens td 1500, especially If you buy it from Europe at half the price of US. Dac? I would not go further than the musicical Fidelity v90, read up on it at Stereophile. $299, if still avail....a fantastic dac! speaker cables? Audioquest type 4 is all you need, also look at Stereophile on these....streamer? I would not spend any more than $179, such as the Grace Digital Link. Was on sale on Amazon for only $149. Yes, cannot do the highest res audio, but most cannot hear the difference in a blind test, fact!.... so don’t waste money on high priced streamers and dacs....I speak from experience as well as ownership of all the above.

@op What are the active speakers you have? And what do you use for monitoring in your studio? I have a studio and I understand the difference between listening for mastering and listening for pleasure.