Do Turntables sound better with time?

This appears to be the case with my Technics 1500C.

:unsure:

128x128jjbeason14

@perkri    "Not surprising. As has been stated above it’s a mechanical device, and most mechanical devices break in as parts set/wear into each other. My BMW S1000RR was limited to 9000 rpm for the first 1000 km. Then oil change, tune up and the full 17000 rpm was made available."

It is not best practice to limit your bike to about half revs for the run-in period and then immediately whang it up to the red line.  What is required is a gradual increase in the revs used.  So after 1000km, have some brief sorties to 12000 and then back to 9000; then to 14000 for a while, and so on.  For a further while avoid really hard acceleration in the upper range and pushing the bike going uphill.

But it is true that engines need much less rigorous running in these days as the parts are machined to far smaller tolerances.

Interesting about the oil change recommended by BMW.  When I bought my Porsche 997 GT2 (a very highly performance engine) all of 14 years ago now, Porsche said it was not necessary to change the oil at all until 15000 miles.  I had them change it after running in.  Oil is cheaper than engines.  In my Macan, bought 2018, they said the oil is good for 20000 miles.

I followed BMW’s recommendation for breaking in. Plus, the bike arrived with the restrictions in place. Now, a 200hp bike that is that light is a rather “intense” machine. Again, when the motor was fully available, I continued -as they called it - breaking in the whole motor. Full throttle, 3rd gear was a rare event.

No.... I just found a Garrard Lab 80 circa 1968 in my Dad's attic and although it runs , it sounds like crap.   Very cool and nostalgic.   Has prompted me  to search for a modern table and very good cartridge.