I want more bass…

Superb pair L’Instrument large horn speakers with two 12” woofers in each speaker.
So how to get more bass? My PassLabs XA25 was too little, my Luxman M900u was too sweet, of course these are not party or club speakers but my guests who are not audiophiles (you know the one’s who ask what are those? I say tubes…) let’s call them the sound bar set!

These speakers are rated down to 18Hz can anyone suggest the best value amp that can deliver bass to these speakers take control and make them move? 98dB sensitive by the way…

Give me some used cheap but real good amps to try please. Exposure? Class A. Not my weak knee’d Bouyrrang A50 300B 😉

Even my D240 MKII Audio Research seem not to push them deep and strong enough for the sound bar set. Can’t imagine I need a subwoofer…

128x128johnread57

Definitely a fan of powered separate subs.

just moving the subs around had a big impact.

Active crossover, then bi-amp, move sub freqs off of main speakers and amps don’t need to try to push those frequencies either.  For my old ears, I also limit the top end frequencies.  I can’t hear them anyway so why should I have my amps trying to push them? (Personally, I limit high end to 18khz, I can’t hear anything up there anyway.)

i know, I know.. but “I” cannot hear the difference, so I prefer to enhance what I can hear.  
I like it this way.  Seems my amps and speakers do also.

Nobody has asked what the rest of your system looks like. Are you using vinyl as a source? Or are you doing digital?

If digital, make sure your Network is all dialed in, if not, you won't be getting the bass you want. Just a thought. And if you are doing vinyl, and your phono preamp and associated gear is not up to par, same deal.

I have full range tower speakers with built in powered woofers And also have two subs and won't do any critical listening without my subs in the mix

@pokey77 indeed, its a crazy hybrid mess! Marantz AVR1509 used as a pre/digital source... sometimes fed by a Pioneer LX800SE for SACD CD Bluray.

Just walking around the room will tell you if you have nulls. You can use single frequencies.  If they truly go that low holding your hand in front of the bass port you should feel plenty of air movement.  Then bass traps and first reflection traps.  I am not sure how those speakers are to be placed.  I pointed my horns at my shoulders.  There are lots of other things that improve bass, but this is room acoustics.