Worth upgrading my cables?

I’ve made a ton of updates to my system over the last six months and now I’m wondering if my cables need some attention. Here are my questions:

1. Based on my system, and current caballing (description bellow), do you think I would recognize a noticeable improvement by updating my cables?
  2. If yes, which cables would you prioritize (speaker, interconnects, power)?
  3. Lastly do you have any specific recommendations.

Current system:

• Technics SL-1200G (Hana SL) --> Manley Chinook --> Manley Jumbo Shrimp --> Finale Audio Classic 300B monoblocks --> Klipsch Heresy IV
  • All interconnects are Morrow Audio MA1
  • Speaker cable Canare 4S11 Star Quad Bi Wire
  • Power cables Tripp Lite Heavy Duty , 15A, 14AWG

Thanks for your thoughts!

128x128designtaylor

Cerious also makes great, modest cost cables, with return privileges. Since you can listen and try for free, ignore those who say cables are irrelevant, simply decide for yourself, you'll find no agreement here...

I don't know that changing cables will result in music sounding better, but it will most likely sound different.

+1 Changing your cables will change how your system sounds. Different isn’t necessarily better. One option is to keep trying cables until you find the sound you think you’re looking for — that’s a slippery slope. Try loaner cables, www.thecableco.com has a lending library that is helpful.

There’s something to be said for enjoying your system as it is while upgrading over time. You can burn through a lot of cash and drive yourself nuts trying to do too much too quickly. Enjoy the journey, the destination will arrive before you know it. Good luck!

I’d focus on room acoustics and speaker placement first. 

As far as cables go, I’m familiar with the 4S11 speaker cables since I own and use a pair of these. They’re nice and warm sounding. Not the latest word in transparency and soundstage but are not bad by any means. You can do better. After the speaker cables I would tackle the power cords. Synergy is key. Either borrow from The Cable Company or buy used or get new cables from a dealer with a proper return policy. Auditioning in your system is a must. 

Post removed