Is there a 300B type amp out there with some WATTS behind it?

I recently acquired a Feliks Audio Arioso 300B amp.  To put it simply, it is incredible.  I understand one way to tackle the issue of using SET amps is with high sensitivity speakers.  Is there a 300B or something that gives you that same sound out there with power so you have more speaker options?

audiovicker

As mentioned above, there are 805 / 845 / 211/ GM70 etc big transmitter tubes that are capable to go into the tens of watts range. These big transmitting tubes have remarkably neutral sound, and they mostly take on the character of the driver tube.

So, if you want 300B sound with more watts, go for an amp with the tubes above, that uses the 300B to drive the power tube. You will get the 300B sound but with a lot more driving power.

Still, as above mentioned, at this point you would fare better upgrading the speakers than changing the amps. No power output can replace dynamics that comes from speaker sensitivity.

However, going for more sensitive speakers means BIGGER speakers, so your choice is down to available space.

Cheers;

Janos

try Decware for high-efficiency speakers that should pair well with your 300B. They also just released a 300B amp. Even made in USA! I have several of their products, and am not associated with them at all. Just a very happy customer.

@jasonbourne52   I have one, the VAC Renaissance 70/70 Signature, it's glorious. 65 WPC drives anything with in reason. 1-2 ohm taps, 2-4 and 4-8. It in Sarasota right now getting the Signature update.

I don’t sell this product. It is made in Sofia Bulgaria by Thrax Audio. I spent the summer of 2019 sitting in front of a pair of these amps at the Thrax facility. The specs on this amp are for real, maybe a little understated. This is the best 300b amp I have ever had the pleasure of enjoying!!! It will glue you to your seat. It uses six 300b tubes per amp.

Hello Audiovicker.  Do you understand that 9 watts is not an insugnificant amount of "power"?  90 watts is only 10db louder than 9 watts.  If you want to rattle the walls with sound, then the 300B amps are not for you. For most people, normal listening levels are under 5 watts, way under. Give the amp a try on whatever speakers you have and see if the pleasantness of tube amps comes through. If you are a hard rock fan, and want to listen at concert levels, solid state amps are cheaper watt for $$ wise and may better meet your needs. Have you priced 300B tubes? A pair of those can easily set you back for more $$ than a powerful class D super amp. Happy listening.