You know when you are dealing with a BS company....

...when you read statements like this:

"You can expect a 15% to 20% improvement in sound for each level as you move up the line. The improvements are in soundstage, resolution, realism, musical presentation, impact, etc."

Me: yeah, the humidity in my room changed from 44 to 45% yesterday, and I immidiately noticed that the realism dropped by 3.4%, yet the musical presentation actually WENT UP by 8.3%. I was able to compensate by turning the lights on in the kitchen and changed my socks. Puh, that was close.

kraftwerkturbo

@kraftwerkturbo 

https://www.kenrockwell.com/audio/audiophile.htm

Not all, but some fit Ken's definition of "audiophile." I'm not naming anyone, but I've met a lot of audiophiles who truly do believe the most darnedestly stupid things about audio equipment.

@thecarpathian 

It doesn't matter. The concept is the same: higher prices = better fidelity = audio nirvana.

@jerryg123 

+1

"It was as much a BS post as the marketing you are whining about.

You have given them more marketing awareness than any ad copy they could write.

Nice work!"

"It doesn’t matter. The concept is the same: higher prices = better fidelity = audio nirvana."

I agree. My point is there are far more ludicrous claims that would have been a much better example.

I am sure there a LOTS of similar examples out there for marketing that promises "15% increase in happiness" for your dollars. 

And that is dumb enough. 

But making quantitive statements about non measurable for a technical product is pretty bad. 

The WORST: the level of dumbness of American consumers (even for technical products) has reached a historic high (I present as proof the number of posters here that have not even recognized the nuttiness of the given example ad). THAT IS SCARY.