Digital Audio Denmark DACs

Has anyone tried the Digital Audio Denmark (DAD) AX24 DAC? Would appreciate any insights on the sound. Thanks.
bigamp
I have owned the AX24 for over two years. It is the best DAC that I have ever used or heard, including the Euphonix Pacific Microsonic's Model 2. In the professional arena it is considered the best DAC available at this time in terms of its sonic resolution, rendering and performance. I use my to decode 2X-DSD (5.6MHz).
Thanks, Carlos. Have you ever compared it to the EmmLabs DACs? Also, how were you feeding it DSD?

My plan is to feed 44.1-384kHz and DSD to the dac from my PC, but I'm still looking for the best way to do this. Maybe a Merging board using a MADI card (for 44.1-384 and 1xDSD) and a SDIF3 card (for 2xDSD). I've owned the Meitner DCC2 and loved it, but it doesn't take a PCM input higher than 96kHz. I don't want to take a step down in sound quality from the Meitner.
I have heard the Meitner professional DAC on a number of occasions but only briefly in my system. The DAD AX24 just sounds more "natural" to my ears. Many mastering engineers have done the direct comparison between the Meitner and the DAD and in every case that I have seen documented they have preferred the DAD.

I'm using it with my DCS 972/974 DXD/DSD digital-to-digital converter until Peter, at DAD, gets his SRC, sample-rate-converter, working up to his "standard" and makes it available for the AX24.

You can see a picture of my AX24 on my System's page on the upper right hand corner of my right hand equipment rack.

The digital interface for 2x-dsd IS NOT TRIVIAL as it has to be in SDIF-3 format.

Trust me you would not be stepping down in any kind of quality. The DAD is the best converter available today; and that is why Telarc studios selected it as it reference DAC for DSD/DXD work. I think that they felt that the Meitner was just as good for PCM.

It sounds like you know what you are doing, but look at the professional forum for head-to-head comparisons from others.
Hi Bigamp,

What did you mean by "The digital interface for 2x-dsd IS NOT TRIVIAL as it has to be in SDIF-3 format."

What is your suggestion ? The AES interface ?
You use a Forsell
And is there a volume control option within the AX24 ?

I consider buying the AX24, but would like some more backgrounds, before making my final decision.