Bose 901 series with and ipod.

What do i need to integrate Bose 901 series 6 with an ipod and bluetooth

martyswerve

@yogiboy I have but it's been a long time, and not in the spirit of close or careful listening, tbh.

This site is for people asking questions. The OP is new to this site and was asking a question about his Bose speakers. I have never listened to a Bose. I did not think that poking fun at him was the right thing to do. I doubt that the OP will post here anymore because of the many that made fun of his speakers. Kapish ?

@yogiboy Reasonable caution. On the other hand, people poked fun at me. It was not that hard to withstand -- indeed, it's worth the price of admission if one is really seeking information. Maybe give the OP credit for a slightly tougher skin or sense of humor? Meanness and cruelty are over the line, but a little fun? Surely the psyche has to be built with some durability or how are we going to survive?

Getting back to the OP question, I didn’t realize that these speakers are active. I had read the description on the Bose site and was specifically looking for that, so my bad. At any rate if they are active speakers all the OP needs is a Bluetooth receiver such as the Audioengine that I referenced earlier. Does anyone know if the iPod does Bluetooth? It has been a long time since I’ve had one.

A more general point is active speakers with DSP.  The only active speakers that I have ever heard are Audioengine.  However there are so many new AS on the market, and I might be moving in a few years and starting to consider AS for their space conserving values.  Are there other brands that add DSP as well?