Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant

duramax747

Thank you for the update. What front end gear will drive your 7.2 loudspeakers?

Looking forward in reading about your new room and system.

Happy Listening!

All

as we embark on 2023, update your Virtual Systems page. This is beneficial and helpful for the members on The Panel.

Happy Listening!

duramax747 - congratulations! The room is such a very big deal. Treat your AC mains like signal wires with star quad twisted runs, etc. and high grade receptacles, etc. Run off 240 volts where you can. Very worth the trouble.

No, I haven't heard the 7.2s. No suitable space or amplification yet. My amplification is going the be my good ole Classé DR6 and pair of DR9s. Bill Thalmann / Music Technology did a fabulous job upgrading the 6. The 9 project is waiting for Purity Caps (to ship in early March!) It has good reason to be equally stunning. We're dedicating each amp to mono and taking out the (funky) balancing circuitry to make room for goodies of Bill's dreams. Sometime this calendar year I hope to have the 7.2s set up somewhere that really shows them off. Not yet, maybe soon.

Tom,

You cannot have enough power with the 7.2 which is my favorite Thiel speaker. 

Please keep us posted as to the amp upgrades. Sounds like a fun project. 

We have 5- 600 amp electric panels at the company so pleanty of power on tap. 

The plan is to run a 60 amp dedicated sub panel off the main. Between main and sub panel a 15KVA Topaz Isolation transformer will be installed 

Each line ran from sub panel to outlet will have its own isolation transformer. For amps I have matching 5KVA Topaz isolation transformers. For digital and pre amp cicuits their own isolation transformer. These will all be located at the sub panel so no noise or hum in the listening room. 

2- 240v  20 amp circuits for amps. One for each mono block. 

Three additional 20 amp circuits will be ran for pre amp,  digital, and possible analog rig. 

Running 8awg copper wire to minimize voltage drop. 

I understand star quad twisted wire. How would I do this with large gauge wire in insulated jacket? 

The soundstage height and depth is back. Soundstage focus is better now. Did 2 things,

1. Level the speakers with spirit leveler

2. Treat the side first reflection with foam. (Tomthiel is right about the side walls)foam is 2 feet higher than the speaker height and place to behind the speakers.

I think all is also right on the amp being too low powered. I think when on some songs that are louder and more complex, I can hear some hardness in the vocals. And when there is too much bass on certain sounds, it seems to mess up the vocals a bit in terms of teh placement of the vocal in the sound stage.Or could it be other reasons the hardness in the sound?

What is a good amp that is more powerful and sounds similar to the schiit Aegirs?

Thanks 🙏