patricia barber - diana krall - holly cole

wouldnt that be awesome if they - toured together - tell me it wouldnt be sold out every night they played. 

128x128smargo

I think the SACD UN-Mastered version is class A+, the CD version is class A.

@tomcarr  , I'd put the SACD "Cafe Blue Unmastered" on the best-of-my-best list, for sure.  Have you heard the MFSL SACD of "Cafe Blue"  (not unmastered)?  I go back & forth on those two.  I think I am going to do the MFSL tonight.  (I've already got the CDs picked out in my mind for this evening.)

Did you know that Impex (sort of recently) released a gold reissue of "Cafe Blue" on red-book (not the original HDCD release that I believe you sere referring to)?  I hate to say it, but I haven't even taken the plastic wrapper off of that one yet.

On an aside, is HDCD a pretty noteworthy listening experience?

@immatthewj , I have a few HDCDs and all of them are class B. I don't have the standard CD versions to compare the to. 

With regards to Pink Floyd's DSOTM, there are some good YouTube vids comparing and rating SACD releases. 

@immatthewj , my experience has been there is more difference between redbook CDs than between the other formats, and it's all dependent on the recording/mixing/mastering chain that produced the album. To my ears, the other formats can make an album sound better, but it's definitely not a guarantee.

That's just my opinion, with my ears, my system, my setup, my room.

YMMV...enjoy the music :)