patricia barber - diana krall - holly cole

wouldnt that be awesome if they - toured together - tell me it wouldnt be sold out every night they played. 

128x128smargo

@immatthewj , me too.

SACD, HDCD, DVD-A, Blu-Ray, and of course CD!

I was making a little fun because I love hearing any well-recorded album, but I still listen most of the time to rock, pop, and classic country.

Have the same Cafe Blue UN-Mastered SACD and love the recorded quality.

I grade every album I own D, C, B, A, A+ based purely on sound quality. Less than 5% class D. 40% class C. 35% class B. 15% class A. 5% class A+.

Yeah buddy, party on!

@tomcarr , right on, man. I didn’t take anything you typed before as being negative. Not at all.

You didn’t say what grade you gave the pressing(s?) of Cafe Blue?

As far as Cafe Blue, I bought that back when it came out on redbook (HDCD) (which I didn’t/still don’t have) after I heard her cover of "Ode To Billy Joe" on a public radio station. That was back when my gear was in the living room, and consequently I never listened to that disc much. Since I have moved my gear to The Room, and being a tad obsessive, I have acquired 3 more digital pressings. Now a days it is one of my go-to discs for "analytical/critical evaluation." Plus I’ve got to where I just really enjoy hearing it.

Oh well, my daily rambling is (hopefully) now complete.

Oh, but I must ask, by classic country, do you mean like Waylon and Willie and The Boys? No matter, that is some great stuff.

@immatthewj, It's been a minute, but I think I felt that Cafe Blue is A+.

I mostly listen to 60s, 70s rock, and 80s pop.

Yes, when I listen to country it's Waylon, Willie, Brooks & Dunn, Johnny, etc...

Just listened to a great Clint Black album.

Yessir, great stuff indeed!