Want to add vinyl to my system.

Hello all, 

I have an all digital system with a Lumin x1 streamer, Oppo 203, B&W speakers, Classe Sigma SSP, and Mac 611’s.  I want to now add vinyl into my system abd need a new turntable and phono stage.  I have been considering the Rega 8 or 10.  What do you think of the Rega’s, and which phono stage would you recommend?

128x128bwguy

You can't go wrong with the Rega. If you want a heavy platter: AVID or Pro-Ject (Signature 10 is gorgeous) 

Great for you to be taking the plunge into vinyl 👍

Lot’s of great recommendations and yes, a fully optioned out Rega 8 or 10 would be a game over solution if you keep it in the Rega ecosystem with premium cartridge & phono pre.

FWIW though, I’m amazed at what $2k worth of cartridge and phono preamp can deliver these days in the form of an Audio Technica AT33PTG/II into a Sutherland TZ Vibe when optimized with a suitable adjustable turntable/tonearm system. Just refrain from using any cheap coaxial hookup cable/wire that’s inductive - current delivery is the ticket here.

Examples of adjustable turntables could be Pro-Ject or Technics including a 1200G with a replacement tungsten polymer record mat 🎶

Game on instead game over 😉

Rabbit hole indeed. Love my over 2k vinyl collection and my vinyl system, however I would not go down that road if I was starting from scratch, specifically since discovering the marvelous world of streaming. Save your money and improve your streaming is my recommendation. Vinyl requires extreme

dedication, nothing like the digital you are used too. An average cost analog rig will never equal a digital one of half that cost. Food for thought.

Either Rega would be a great choice

Get a great mc cart  Lyra Delos Koetsu ect

Get a current /trans impedence phono stage

and never have to worry about cart loading. 

Like a Little Loco  and you got yourself a killer 

start 

GOOD LUCK WILLY -T