Looking for a McIntosh amp that gives a great example of the “McIntosh Sound”

What is a good vintage or newer amp that has that “McIntosh sound” everyone loves.  My budget is $3k and I want to stay solid state.  I don’t want to debate McIntosh, I am looking specifically for McIntosh.  The amp will be powering JM Lab Mini Utopias.

128x128justinrphillips

Many years ago I briefly heard a MC275 with a pair of Dynaudios.  So unfamiliar amp and unfamiliar speakers. No way to tell what was what.

Could someone in the know kindly explain what the McIntosh sound is, can't say I have ever heard an explanation of it.

@aewarren,

Why the fuss?  You know darn well he was referring to people that own McIntosh, Jeesh.

@jetter,

Surely you jest.  In case you really don't know, the sound is a little warm with gorgeous tone and a richness to the sound.

@stereo5 Actually up here in Vermont there was only one shop that sold McIntosh (before they closed shop).  I was there speaker shopping and I went to listen to a pair of Dynaudios and they were being powered by a MC275 as I remember, and a pre I don't recall.

In my Boston life I visited Tweeter and Audio Lab and another shop in Cambridge but just don't recall hearing any Macs.  

Even though we have never met, I have read a thousand of your posts over the years, and am wishing you the best news later in the week, my friend.  

@jetter,

Thank you for the kind words.  I read all of your posts as well.  I am holding my breath waiting for the results, the wait is intolerable.