What Does It Take To Surpass A SME V?

Thinking about the possibility of searching for a new tonearm. The table is a SOTA Cosmos Eclipse. Cartridge currently in use is a Transfiguration Audio Proteus, and it also looks like I will also have an Ortofon Verismo if a diamond replacement occurs without incident. 

The V is an early generation one but in good condition with no issues. Some folks never thought highly of the arm, others thought it quite capable. So it's a bit decisive. 

The replacement has to be 9 to 10.5 inches. I have wondered if Origin Live is worth exploring? Perhaps a generation old Triplanar from the pre owned market?

Any thoughts on what are viable choices? 

neonknight

Viv Labs Rigid Float 7".

Have heard this against SME V, Kuzma 4Point 9" and Kuzma 313 Reference and it stomped all over them musical, dynamic and engaging and dead easy to set up.

I own a SME V on a SOTA Cosmos. Images sent to Alfred point it to being a first generation arm. The question becomes do I sell it and replace it, or keep it as is. I dont think it makes much sense to spend money on a rebuild of it. But that is just my personal leaning. 

I like the Jelco TK-850.  I'm using a 12", but have heard good things about the 9" and 10.5"models.  

This arm is out of production, but worth the search.