Streamer upgrade? follow up.

I posted the first part of this earlier in the week. There are a few other threads running concurrently here about this same subject.This is my personal experience with this situation.Ive been using a Aurender A100 streamer/dac which is they’re entry level unit, the SQ wasn’t horrible but I was pretty sure I could get it better.In a attempt to do that I purchased a Denafrips Pontus two and a DhLabs Mirage Usb cable to use with the A100 utilizing its Usb out.The two local hi fi dealers here in SO Cal both told me this would not produce much of an result and in my opinion after trying it they were both correct. So… as I stated in the first post I was coming from a “bit is bits” perspective which was I was convinced adding a better Dac would accomplish my goals, I just couldn’t believe that the zeros and ones  could possibly effect the quality of sound. But not being one to give up I decided in for penny in for a pound Id see for myself if there was anything to the other side of this conversation, I wanted a new toy for Xmas anyway.So I traded my A100 plus some cash to TMR ( nice people btw) for a shiny new Aurender N200 which arrived yesterday. Last night the moment of truth, I hooked up the new unit with the exact same everything as before in my system nothing different but the streamer.I let the tubes and everything else warm up for a few hours,picked a song I knew inside and out sat down and pressed play. Immediately within the first few notes of the Stones “ Wild Horses “ I knew I had made the right choice and that I was wrong believing  bits are bits “. I really don’t have adequate language to describe the difference in sound quality other than to say I feel like Im in someone else’s home listening to they’re far superior system, its that drastic.I can with complete confidence say this has got to be one of if not the most significant upgrades Ive made in my system, scouts honor!              PS. Grinin ear to ear here.                                                            

bikeboy52

@sns 

im using Cocktail Audio X45PRO so I don’t have any hostility against Asia products 

I have own Auralic Altar G1, Pontus II and more Asia products including AliExpress  Nordost interconnects power cords and more so figured it out 

I think I found the solution...for me: PS Audio AirLens.

Will give it a try and report back...;-)

@ianrmack I too will be getting an Airlens. Going to compare that to Sonore. I have my network isolated with Melco switch on Plixir LPS. Right now on optical. Will be putting on Ethernet for test. Just remember it’s only got I2S output. No usb. 

It’s always refreshing to hear that an upgrade profoundly works.

In the expanding world of gear for streaming music, stepping up and getting real results is really doable (as with upgrading the components in one’s system).

For less than the cost of an upper mid level turntable and cartridge (not to mention that phono stage) you are in business for not nearly as much. This could include ethernet clean up too and better PSU’s (than wall warts).

Alas those who must bludgeon on about bit are bits or ethernet is ethernet or wire is wire, will never know or experience the thrill of better sounding music via streaming.  It’s like the opposite of the old Tarrington commercial with the tag line “I’d rather fight than switch.” I’d rather switch than fight. 

Ironically to you nay sayers we are only trying to help make you aware of the possibilities. Remember the old song refrain?

"We're parting, you go your way I'll go mine
It's best that we do
Here's a kiss I hope that this brings lots of luck to you
Oh makes no difference how I carry on
Remember, please don't talk about me when I'm gone"

written by Sam H. Steptwith lyrics by Sidney Clare