Anyone else feel like it’s the Wild Wild West?

I’ve been following the streaming threads here for a while now, and I find it both exhilarating and intimidating.  I mean, we all know everything in high-end audio matters to some degree or another, right (Ok, maybe except for the flat earth contingent)?  From what I’m reading and from my own experience the process of optimizing steaming has near unlimited potential, and some even say it rivals or even surpasses vinyl if taken to the max.  Cables, routers, optical, filters, extenders, power supplies, switches, etc., they all seem to make a significant difference despite the naysayers who say bits are just bits.  I’m all in on this steaming renaissance, but most of the jewels of useful info are buried in other posts, so I’d like to have this be a consolidator post of your best streaming experiences and recommendations for others who could benefit greatly from your hard-won victories and maybe save a lot of people the agony you went through to get to streaming nirvana.  So have at it — let’s empower this community in this noble task and help everyone realize the amazing potential of this magic gift to audiophiles.  What say you?

soix

The dac in the blue sound is not even decent just use the streamer with a decent LPS, whoever said Roon does not sound good is wrong. It is also the finest platform as a library with the excellent HQ player already built into the platform .

@audioman58 Roon is garbage. Easy to use but sounds like shite. Innuos sense is the route to go if you are on the ecosystem. 

Room with Qo buzz with MQ player takes it far better then Any platform. Roon  has it native built into to it just click enable ,even innous can  use this it , is is heavy  on processor requirements but  well worth the double and a bit of learning curve.