Help me understand cartridge alignment

I have a Ortofon Bokrand AB309 arm and I'm using a Royal N cartridge set up using Baewald geometry using the Feickert protractor. It's sounds awesome. I also have an Ortofon SL15 and I put it a cartridge and weighted it so I can swap it out for the Royal N any time without adjustment. The thing is, I don't have the right headshell for the SL15 yet so it can only line up like 5MM short on the Feickert. It also sounds great. So why is this? It doesn't line up with Stevenson or Lofgren. It's just off the grid and yet it's fine. I don't understand.

dhcod

"  I was reporting a problem that arose when I used Baerwald with my 505, which requires twisting the cartridge with respect to the headshell.  "

Exactly, my memory is not faulty and here you are discussing about  that offset angle and TD not accuracy.

R.

for those who do seek to get better sound, i do advocate good tools and possibly having JR at WAM engineering analyze the cartridge and prepare appropriate shim. Of course a few cartridge manufacturers hit the lofty tolerance targets….but….. enjoy the music

Jim

If my alignment measurements were off, then I would feel compromised unless I could make the adjustments necessary. Anyway, there is an art to setting up a cartridge and there is a science too but nothing is so exact that you cannot make evaluations based on critical listening, So please post your findings after you've gotten the other head-shell. I'm interested in knowing what you prefer once your capable of adjusting the cartridge according to specs.