DAC recommendations

Okay. So, before this becomes the typical dac battle, let me explain what I have and what I’m looking for. My system consists of an Aric Audio Custom 300b PSET amp(almost always in class A set mode), Audio Note an-e/lx speakers, Cambridge cxn v2 streamer modified by ModWright tube dac and a Topping d90 dac. I can switch back and forth to get a tube sound from the ModWright or a more “accurate” depiction of the recording through the Topping. After a few months, I think I want something in the middle. The tube dac lacks a little clarity and the Topping is very critical of poor recordings. Both have their times when they sound better but I’m seeking a middle ground. 
Here’s what I’m looking for. I would like clarity, without being analytical. But most of all, I want natural sounding! I want a piano to sound like a piano etc…Lastly, I prefer a bit more bass and less bright sounding. Does this dac exist?

Ive looked at the Denafrips Terminator 2 and would prefer not to spend $6800. Does the Venus 2 fit? Bricasti m3? Other suggestions? I have some high quality components and would like a dac to match. Thanks in advance 

earthbound

I would buy the Uptone Audio Etherregen & make sure you have Cat 7+ thernet line direct from the router connection. Hopefully you have at least one dedicated circuit.

I use the Innuos Zen Mk3 Streamer. No DAC inside. Roon Ready, Streams, Rips

and stores. I am quite Tech challenged as well.

I tried the Ares 2, Audio Mirror, Pontus 2 and my current DAC the ANK 4.1x.

It can be assembled by Digital Pete-$3,500 all in. It provides good detail

and a deep soundstage. Keeping this one.

Keep us posted please.

How is it that no one is mentioning PS Audio Directstream DAC? The MkII is out, which means you can find the first iteration online with the network card and the latest software update used for about $3000, and it’s superbly resolving but laidback. It’s retail price was $6800. 

I have the Pontus ll and am very happy with it. If I mmm had the coin, I’m sure I’d be happy with the Venus ll.

The sound you are looking for in a DAC sounds like a Schiit Gungnir ($1200).  Alternately the Bifrost 2/64 could be a less costly alternative. Worth a try.

I'm an airplay user as well, I think the ultimate DAC for that is the Chord Hugo M Scaler/ TT2 combination. The high res streaming claims by most all the streaming platforms is inconsequential in relations to the 16x upscaling of the M Scaler. It seems as if it was made for streaming.

Icing on the cake, but add in a clean network switch, DDC and 10Mhz master clock and you'll be in heaven. Thats what I'm running and have been very happy with it.