I can't believe this.

I have had a Tascam recorder in for warranty repair since October. They claim they are backlogged and have no idea when they can look at it. They claim they are still trying to fix equipment that came in last summer.

But here is the thing that grinds me. They want, " I think they may be able to do a priority service for you, however as I mentioned, most of our service centers that do provide priority service have a fee for it".

This seems like bribery to me.

ozzy

128x128ozzy

Misread the warranty thing so I deleted my last post. They should never ever charge for expedited warranty service. That is nuts. You should not be chasing the service people, Tascam should. They should be paying for it. When you took it to the first place, the warranty was in force and they did not service it. It is still Tascam's problem. I would tell Tascam at this point to take it back and pay you. Frankly, their warranty issues, no matter the cause, are not your problem any more. Pandemic is going on almost 3 years. They had time to adapt.

Thanks. I agree with you.

But it looks like my service/repair is now in the bottom group since I won't pay the ransom..

ozzy

I'm the customer who asks if I can pay extra to jump the line. I don't continue to use services who won't let me jump the line. Many business problems can be solved with money. 

They finally returned a message. "Too late now for paying to move up the line".

They also said they have some equipment that they are working on that has been there over a year! I think my repair is just behind hunter’s laptop. LOL!

sigh...

ozzy

Do you think Hunter is still waiting to get it back? Ozzy, it might be time to consider another recording device, then sell one or the other.