Streamer upgrade?

So after following these discussions for the last year or so about the importance (or lack of depending on ones stance) of the steamer itself for sound quality Ive decided to take the plunge. I had  previously been in the “ bits is bits “ camp , so I purchased a Pontus Two to use with my Aurender A100 which is they’re entry level offering with a built in Dac. Both of the local high end dealers tried to convince me that this would not amount  to much of an improvement in SQ, well…… they were right in my estimation. So I took another member’s recommendation to contact TMR about a trade in on an Aurender N200 and just as his experience was great so was mine ,they really made it too good to pass up. So if anyone is interested I will report my findings when my new unit arrives, it’ll be a straight change out same Dac,same Dh labs cable and same system ,it should be a really easy comparison, too bad I couldn’t keep the old unit to test them side by side but it’ll still be easy enough.I’ll post my findings.

bikeboy52

@bikeboy52 

Yes I realize Im in a cash spiral trying to get my digital to sound as good as my vinyl 

I had the same motivation and then I drastically upgraded my analog.  This made my task more challenging.  Now, they are both satisfying to my ears, but I can tell you for sure that there is at least one person on this thread whose system would have all of us reevaluating our systems.

High on my list is remote source switching. Other Chinese DACs do it. Not Denafrips. You can have them.

Enjoy.

Talk about cash spiral.

I went from Mac Mini to Aurender N20 to Aurender N30SA!!

Same boat here, my Aurender N-100H is running just fine and has been trouble free since I have had it. Now that it's been discontinued not sure when to upgrade to the N-200. Aside from the high cost, the only thing that I am interested in is the SPDIF connection. Maybe, Aurender will offer the N-150 with the SPDIF option?