A cartridge with more bite, please and thank you

My Hana SL is a little soft sounding for the Linn LP12/Cirkus/Mober supchassis/Alphason Xenon MCS and I'm looking for some direction and insight. My phono preamp is a Supratek Syrah.

Thinking about Ortofon Cadenza Bronze, ZYX Ultima 100 and Soundsmith Paua. Anybody out there compare these? Heard any of them on a similar set up? Or, have other recommendation that would mate well?

I see a lot Ortofon recommendations for Alphason, the ZYX reviews well and Soundsmith is right down the river - I've enjoyed their lower models and like the rebuild concept and pricing. That said, best sound is best sound!

Oh, I'm also open to having the Alphason rewired - I'm not sure that's the biggest priority right now, but it's tempting...

Muchas gracias and happy holidays!

budburma

I like the Benz Micro stuff for punch that’s balanced.

Not outrageously expensive either.

Within my HiFi Group, there are periodically dedicated demonstrations of a Cart'.

The Ortofon Kontrapunkt B (Kb) is the Cart' used across a broad amount of users within the Group, and is the main spare belonging to the larger proportion of members.

The Kb' is used to compare other Carts' to as it is with attractive traits, but does not push too far with any frequency, Neutral and Transparent would be a reasonable description.

A Cart' recently demonstrated in a OL Illustrious Arm, is the Sumiko Pearwood with the Ultrafine Boron Armature and Ogura Styli.

To myself, these two materials being selected are the obvious choices to counteract the Rich Tones that can manifest from a usage of a Wood Body.

There is the choice of Magnet, that has an impact, as well the additional Aluminium used to create the Body.

This Cart' is seemingly quite capable of delivering the Rich Tone that the Japanese Designs are renowned for. 

It will be a long search to find the Richness of Tone Trait with this Cart',                    Deep Precise Bass, with a Truthful Tone to all frequencies, is the attraction that will be locked onto before any analysis is used to discover where the Rich Tone is manifesting.

It really does present in a manner that is worthy of a mention, my evaluation is that Sumiko have got much of their description on the money, it would have been more accurate if they come away from the use of 'Rich', as this is the known Japanese Trait, which this model in 'Mk II' version has detached from. 

@pindac It's true I lean towards mid range upper to lower and bottom end more than upper, at least in the extreme. And, as above, sweet/warm and smooth, but not in the extreme - which is where I'm on the edge of finding myself. So, ART9 has become a front runner based on other's experience with Ortofon still hanging in there based on so many apparent good matches with the Alphason.

Taking the Supratek Syrah into account, the builder has recommended the Denon DL103 in the past and, I believe, Shelter's 501 was based on that design? So, I imagined Shelter to be in the mix...

And what a mix - all these components and tastes. A big chunky delicious soup. Or maybe stew since it's winter and a stew sounds really good right now.  FWIW, I just finished listening to Muddy Water's Folk Singer and it sounded damn good. I think the VTA is getting close!

The search being so subjective in the end and relying on an intuition for reading between the lines, it's always fun and interesting as the collective experience starts to move in a certain direction away from opinion only as experience and evidence starts to mount. 

The only experience that counts is when you finally buy a cartridge and listen to it. The opinions of strangers have helped you to narrow your choices but in the end it’s in the listening where you’ll learn most.