Joseph Audio: Perspectives and Pearls

There have been several recent threads that have included both of these speaker. However, much of the discussion has focused on the Perspectives, with a number of positive reviews. I am quite interested in hearing them, but am also seriously considering the far more expensive Pearls as well. 

I am wondering if anyone has done a direct comparison or has upgraded from the Perspectives to the Pearls?  I am specifically interested if the Pearls might overwhelm my room (13 X 18 with 9 foot ceilings) which is not a space dedicated to my system (it's my living room.)

Thanks in advance for your experiences with these two speakers. 

128x128thr1961

Jeff Joseph builds his own crossovers and he has the cabinets built to his specifications.  Just because he uses off the shelf drivers, as do many speaker manufacturers does not mean he is just an assembler.  It is HIS designs, HIS crossovers and HIS cabinet designs. I have heard his speakers many times at audio shows and although they aren’t for me,the always sound fantastic.  Usually, VPI shows with him. 

+1 @prof ​​​​​@stereo5 

Jeff Joseph is a bonafide designer and not a mere assembler. 
His speakers are world class!

stereo5,

Having done tons of research on the Joseph Speakers while I was deciding whether to buy, I looked over years of reviews, user reports, show reports, and audiophile impressions.

I'm not sure I've seen a speaker manufacture get as much uniformity of praise as I've seen for the Joseph speakers.  Even if, as you say they weren't for you, almost everyone praises the quality of the sound. 

It's interesting the brand isn't bigger than it is.  I guess some look at them as just "more drivers in a box" and there's lots of competition out there.  Aside from the luxurious sound quality, I find the craftsmanship in regard to the design/aesthetics/execution of the speakers to enter the realm of 'audio jewelry' and I'm ok paying some more for that type of pride of owner ship. 

I have not compared perspectives to peals but own perspectives.  I’ve gone through a couple of amp upgrades and preamp upgrades and continue to be impressed with the perspectives.  They sound better with every upgrade.  I’m not convinced I can spend enough on hardware upgrades to surpass the capabilities of the perspectives in my room and setup.  I do think you can go wrong with either.  Also Jeff is great source of info and to work with.  

Agree on all counts regarding Jeff and his holistic approach to design and execution. While I definitely appreciate craft (e.g. Dr. Bews from LFD hand-wrapping components), in the end I am evaluating the sound. Jeff spent an hour with me talking on the phone about some achievable adjustments to my room. In today's world, that is indeed rare, even for someone contemplating $45k speakers. 

I am quite sure that the Perspectives will be transformative with my current gear, I also don't want to find myself wondering if I should have bought the Pearls. The test will be a solid listening session using some of my "reference" recordings. It is interesting that no one has appeared here who did an A/B with these models. Hopefully someone will take note!