Amazon music vs Qobuz

I’m currently using Qobuz for streaming music. Amazon music is considerably less than Qobuz but I’m wondering what the differences are. Amazon goes on and on about commercial free music. Which makes me wonder how much is commercial free. Qobuz is 100% commercial free. 

z32kerber

@Robshaw

You said "I use a windows based computer to stream through my Meitner DAC hard wired via Ethernet cable."

Can you explain in more detail? I assume the ethernet cable goes from your router to your dac which contains a streamer. Can the ethernet cable somehow go directly from your computer to your dac?

Maybe I wasn't too clear. My Windows based computer is my streamer.  USB from computer to DAC, and also Hardwired Ethernet connection from router to computer port.  I have NO noise that is audible to me, I bring laptop to my listening area on table and use my mouse to select all my listening preferences via Amazon HD or Qobuz.  Works and sounds GREAT. Hard for me to believe an actual streamer could sound better?  Hope this was a little better stated.

@Robshaw

I used this method until about a year and a half ago. I did find adding a separate dedicated streamer fed by ethernet via a switch and optical cable lowered the noise noticeably in my set up. I stream Qobuz via Mconnect, but have not found a way of streaming Amazon Music through the streamer yet.

Hard for me to believe an actual streamer could sound better

@robshaw Believe it — it’s a real thing.  Your computer is very noisy, and although you won’t hear actual noise per se, the music quality suffers a lot, which you might not notice until you use a decent streamer.  The difference is not small, and I’d strongly encourage you to at least demo a streamer in your system to see what you’re missing.  I was skeptical too until I added a streamer, but there’s absolutely no going back.  I control my music through Qobuz on my iPad or iPhone — easy peasy and no computer necessary.  Just my $0.02 FWIW. 

@robshaw Count me in as one more guy who consistently prefers the stream I get via my dedicated streamer/DAC over what I get from my Microsoft laptop. More color. More space. More dynamics. Less distortion. Cleaner, more beautiful sound. Of course, that doesn't mean I spurn stuff I have on my laptop's hard drive or on various SD Cards, etc  After all, how else could I listen to the recordings me and my buddies did over the years?