I have an idea for an audio product what should I do?

Without giving too much away it involves working with smaller digital amplifiers that are modified for a certain application. Should I contact an electrical engineer or someone in the business already who builds audio amplifier products or...?? I have zero experience myself with building any audio related products but I think the idea I have is intriguing. Thanks for any help!

128x128blue_collar_audio_guy

First of all, unless your idea is something so good, no person will back you and finance your project.  You would have to build a prototype and show that it is better than other manufacturer products.  It is difficult to build a prototype and bring something to market.  How do you plan to sell it?  Direct or through dealers?  If you don't have the skill to build it, then you are subject to another set of issues and concerns.  Once built, getting reviews is another issue.  The process to bring something to market is very time consuming and expensive.

If you really think your idea is still worth it, I can probably help you build a prototype.  We are a manufacturer or tube audio products.  My partner has a Masters in electronics and designs applications for corporations.  Contact me if you wish to discuss and need some direction.

It’s everyone’s dream, but most people’s downfall. Don’t spend anything that you can’t afford to lose. And make sure that your wife is onboard before you spend a dime.

Take a week to read about how other inventors are doing before you jump in. Just my $.02.

And check out DIY Audio to see what other people are doing.

@kenjit says...

"Scanspeak drivers mounted in concrete walls 10 inch thick with the rear side facing a large room filled with fibreglass... The KSS would offer the best of both worlds. A wooden box, without the wooden sound..."

Concrete walls, wooden box? Uhm, what?

I had the same thoughts. Contacted an Adam Kunkle. At InventionsHome.  "How do I proceed?"

Hi Kingsley

I wanted to touch base to make sure you received the link to our inventor information which includes a lot of great info to help with the invention and patent process.

Here is the link to the inventor info

I am not sure how much you know about InventionHome® but we have been helping inventors for over 20 years. We have a very large network of companies and connections that have come to rely on us for great, new inventions available for license or sale. We also partner with many of the national tradeshows in the U.S. as well as work with experienced patent attorneys who can help protect ideas.

Also, is there a good time and phone number to reach you? I’d like to provide a little more information about how we can help. My direct number is 412-229-1340 x157.

Thank you

Adam Kunkle

Product Development Manager
Jacob Enterprises, Inc.
275 Center Road, Suite 105
Monroeville, PA 15146
Toll Free: 1-866-THINK-12 ext. 157
Phone: 1-412-229-1340 ext. 157

Fax: 1-412-229-1350
www.inventionhome.com

Invention Home Image