PSB T600 Synchrony - impressions

Have been in the market for some new speakers recently. Happened to drop by my local hifi shop (grateful for them) with the intention of checking out the Paradigm Founders, the Goldenear Reference, and Vandersteen Trios. 

Back in the corner were a pair of lonely PSB speakers looking neglected like the last kid picked in kickball. I asked the nice salesman if he wouldn’t mind plugging them into the Hegel H590 that was driving the rest of the speakers we were auditioning. 

What caught my eye was the Gaia feet, the walnut satin finish, aluminum baffle, and the carbon fiber drivers. I wasn’t expecting anything special, especially after hearing those vandersteens. They sparkle, shine, and image like diamonds and silver over the ocean. Beautiful! 

But wait, PSB started to play and dang it, the bass came in like a freight train. Muscle that the Vandy’s couldn’t match. A neutral mid range, and a titanium tweeter that sounded like a silk dome. 23hz to 20khz and I was smitten. A complete speaker that did nothing wrong and everything well???

I’ve even heard the bookshelf B600’s and I’ve never heard better bass from a monitor before. 

If I’m saying anything, it’s to go out and listen to these PSB synchrony’s. They are a hidden gem amongst many other well known performers. 

poketacez

Yes, Paul Stanley Barton is a talented speaker designer who has been at it for decades - yet gets little attention! I'd take those Synchrony's any day over the Vandersteen's! Thank you for bringing this to attention here!

Ya know, I always kinda wondered about PSB being related to NAD.  Sometimes it cheaps-out on parts et cetera.  

Appreciate the review ... I will have to take a closer look!!

we are a long time psb dealer the new speakers are amazing and easy to drive and attractive

Dave and Troy

Audio intellect Nj

psb dealer