If there was only ONE album/cd/release you can listen to, over and over.............

Your " best ever " recording, which has likely been discussed ad nauseam, would you select, say, if given a choice of only one ( whatever the scenario would be; stranded on an island, locked up in isolation, all music gone, but this one ). As hard as this is, as there are so many to choose from, I have selected " A Tribute To Jack Johnson ", by the esteemed Miles Davis ( 1992 Columbia version ). I have selected this, specifically for the performances, as I do with all of my listening. The playing.....the musicianship.....the arrangement.....the story, set to music, by the esteemed M.D.. And, my system delivers the message, so I feel proud of my set up. What can I say ? I hope everyone well, and, ENJOY ! Always, MrD.

mrdecibel

It's always interesting to read what others charish listening to , I've seen my top 2 already mentioned  #1  David Crosby  " If I Could Only Remember My Name and #2 Pink Floyd  " Dark Side Of The Moon "  and adding a #3 Beethoven's Symphony #6  conducted by either Fritz Reiner or Georg Solti conducting the CSO .

We all know what the number 1 means but picking one is very hard with all the great music out there and for me all 3 are albums that I listen to over and over .

Genesis-- The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway. Never gets old...

Maybe because I saw them in Dec. 1974 do the entire album at the NY Academy of Music (on Broadway!) from the 11th row.  Most amazing concert ever.

OK one more:  Grateful Dead May 1977 Box Set: New Haven / Cornell / Buffalo / Boston.  All incredible shows, could listen to them forever.  Timeless music.

As stated many times above, hard to pick one...but for me it would be Al Green ' s Greatest Hits