Advice for RCA Interconnect Upgrade?

Hey Guys,

Kinda new here and first time asking for advice.  Thinking about upgrading RCA interconnects between DAC and Int. amp..

Currently using CHORD Clearway 1M.  This is my system:

REGA  Aethos integrated amp. (no XLR )

Jay's Audio CD Transport

Denafrip's Pontus II DAC

SVS Ultra Towers (highly modified)

Silversmith Fidelium speaker cables

Using an app on my iphone, the response has peak db from 4k to 5k.  I would prefer to tame that a bit.

Of course I have power chord and AC line upgrades and such but I hope this is a good starting point for your help.

Thanks,  Lawrence From MI

128x128lrlacosse

+2 for Triode Wire Labs cables.

Owner, Pete Grzybowski, is an electrical engineer with 30+ years of experience in power and signal transmission.  His cables are honest, musical and affordable.  They never sound hard or strident, instead they reveal the soul of the source material.  Add to this is the fact that he is one of the Good Guys in audio.  TWL cables have a 30-day 100% money back guarantee.

Oh, yeah...  jasonbourne52 is clueless.

@ghdprentice +1 on CARDAS CLEAR REFLECTION.

THE GOOD: I upgraded from an all-NORDOST FREY loom to an all-CARDAS CLEAR ICs/ CARDAS CLEAR REFLECTION speaker cables / CLEAR & CLEAR REFLECTION PC’s array….. with a significant step-up in dynamics, slam, and taming of sibilants / digital “”edge”. It was a progressive process as funds permitted : ICs first, then power cords, then the speaker cables. Each step was a further sequential audio performance step-up.

THE NOT-So-GOOD: You may have to open your wallet a bit more if you want to step-up to this model level of CARDAS interconnect cables . $600 bucks even for pre-owned regrettably may not do it.

Speaker sensitivity is 88db @ 8 ohms. The Aethos doesn’t appear to enjoy lower impedance loads. Since the speakers are modified, a mismatch between the amp and speakers may be afoot. The SVS may be dipping into lower impedance at certain frequencies. The integrated may lack the ability to provide the juice. 

Post removed 

If you haven’t already Acoustically treated the first reflection points in your room start there , as for cable upgrades I wouldn’t hesitate to go with Wire World Eclipse 8 ( Silver Eclipse was my choice after trying the Eclipse) just outstanding top to bottom control lending a continuous flow and musicality , they are music communicators !