Advice for RCA Interconnect Upgrade?

Hey Guys,

Kinda new here and first time asking for advice.  Thinking about upgrading RCA interconnects between DAC and Int. amp..

Currently using CHORD Clearway 1M.  This is my system:

REGA  Aethos integrated amp. (no XLR )

Jay's Audio CD Transport

Denafrip's Pontus II DAC

SVS Ultra Towers (highly modified)

Silversmith Fidelium speaker cables

Using an app on my iphone, the response has peak db from 4k to 5k.  I would prefer to tame that a bit.

Of course I have power chord and AC line upgrades and such but I hope this is a good starting point for your help.

Thanks,  Lawrence From MI

128x128lrlacosse

Speaker sensitivity is 88db @ 8 ohms. The Aethos doesn’t appear to enjoy lower impedance loads. Since the speakers are modified, a mismatch between the amp and speakers may be afoot. The SVS may be dipping into lower impedance at certain frequencies. The integrated may lack the ability to provide the juice. 

Post removed 

If you haven’t already Acoustically treated the first reflection points in your room start there , as for cable upgrades I wouldn’t hesitate to go with Wire World Eclipse 8 ( Silver Eclipse was my choice after trying the Eclipse) just outstanding top to bottom control lending a continuous flow and musicality , they are music communicators !

I was a skeptic for a long time. Finally, to scratch that itch, I contacted a vendor and ordered a full set of cables for my rig. In short, I was very impressed. Clarity, sound stage, bass response and accuracy all improved to my liking. I suggest doing the same. Contact a vendor that allows you to return the cables before 60 days. You will need to pay return shipping but that is a fair price to determine if a $1K set of cabales will make a difference to your ears. If I may suggest, buy a set of Shunyata Venom-X RCAs, plug them in and see if you recognize a difference. Most cable makers claim the cables need to be broken in to discern a difference, but Shunyata says this is not necessary with these cables, I believe that to be true since I heard an immediate difference, improvement, upon swapping the cables out with my old ones.

my $0.02

Thanks All.  An interesting mix of suggestions.

My home is literally 20' x 20'.  I call it my "little cottage".  Seven foot ceiling and no basement.  Therefore, my living room(10x12) is my listening room.  Speakers on each side of TV and very little room for optimum placement. Especially those Ultra Towers.  If I could "unbuy" them I would.  When I stated "highly modified" this is what I did.

As you all know, many well established speaker companies skimp on the internals and SVS is no exception.  Very disappointed when I opened them up.  Basic components on the crossover.  Binding post crap.  Wiring type questionable.  I updated the crossover as much as I could and still get them to fit inside the cabinet.  Clarity Caps.  Ribbon and Litz coils.  This was done only on the upper and high frequency parts of the crossover.  The inductors I wanted to use for the bass part are just too big and an external crossover would be needed.  So, yes, probably my own fault for the bump in db in the 4 to 5k range.  I do not have access to proper testing equipment so it was a "guess" .  But I figured anything would be an improvement to what SVS used.

The cheap binding post is replaced with almost pure copper type, the company name alludes me at this time.  Used VH Audio hook-up wire and Cardas solder.  I added dampening to all the cabinet surfaces.

The result was worth the effort.  Not going to bore you with all the blah blah of soundstage and such.

Sure wish I had a dedicated listening room but heck, My rent is only $350.00/mo. and that includes heat and electricity!  That is a big plus here in northern Michigan.

I'm leaning towards Triode Wire Labs.