Anybody heard Krell SACD mkIII?

Hello Fellow Audiogoners.
Just trying to get some info on MKIII SACD Standard player and how it compares to previous models.Thanks.
overhang
Hi all,

A couple of weeks ago I had to return my SACD Standard MkII, still under warranty , to the local Krell distributor, as the drive mechanism had failed. They have sent it back to the US for repair, and told me it will come back with the Evo drive mechanism installed, as mentioned above.

Does this mean I will get a full MkIII upgrade stuffed in my old chassis, or will they just install the minimum parts necessary, i.e the drive mechanism, LCD display and logic circuits, without upgrading the audio circuitry? I am very curious as to what I will get back!
Kind Regards
Mick
Mickey, the full upgrade is kind of a discretionary event. By that I mean Krell does not exactly offer an upgrade path for the SACD standard. Rather they replace and repair what is necessary for them to return to you a working unit. As with anything in life, negotiation is often the key to getting what you desire. My unit had blown something and went dead, plus I had prior drive failures (off and on). My unit was purchased within the last year and was under warranty of course. I also reminded krell that I had purchased about $100K worth of stuff over the years as well and would appreciate some consideration for the loyalty. The way you can tell when the unit is returned is by looking inside through the top vent slits....old circuitry used a green circuit board with mostly silver capacitors and such attached. The V3 guts use a blue tinted circuit board with alot of red capacitors? and such attached. The sound will be different as well...more detailed and forcefull with greater dynamic range and more vivid imaging.
got one last month to replace mk2 which replaced mk1. quiet and quick operation, and bigger soundstage with better detail. closer to evo sound than to mk 2 sound. be warned - if u changed cables to suit your mk 2, then youll have to do it again, thats how different it sounds. try to 'forget' to give back the old remote control - new ones rubbish. what happened to the big metal ones we used to get?
I got mine mkIII 10 days ago.No need for cable change here (i am using VH Flavor 4).So far-perfect.For some reason refuses to play David Gilmour cd "On the Island"Both remoes are junk.I wish they had an option for the metal one with like only 6 buttons.I would love to disconnect other channels and replace RCAs (too short,too close)but knowing it's history afraid to void the warranty.
Mine will not play a new DECCA release of the Beethoven Sonatas Disc 1..Disc 2 is fine! Sometimes it also will play Disc 1, maybe 1 in 5 times. When it identifies the disc it will play it flawlessly on repeat..go figure. FYI, when I first got the player back from repair I had it linked via the 12 volt trigger to my 400xi and experienced a couple of data drops..instantaneous ones. I decided to disconnect the trigger and it has been flawless since? Maybe the connection opens it up for electrical hiccups that the 400xi may experience from the power line?