Amazon music vs Qobuz

I’m currently using Qobuz for streaming music. Amazon music is considerably less than Qobuz but I’m wondering what the differences are. Amazon goes on and on about commercial free music. Which makes me wonder how much is commercial free. Qobuz is 100% commercial free. 

z32kerber

I have Amazon HD for about 2 years now. Very happy with it. I just had to try Qobus though. I have a pretty good system, about 20k. What I noticed is Qobus does sound BETTER, tighter, more dynamic, just more clarity and oomph.

Amazon is much easier to navigate and use, their format is better, IMO.

Qobus has been a nightmare at times to use, not really user friendly.

I have noticed with either outboard DAC i own, that Amazon will generally register a song as HD but, doesn't always register exactly what the streaming rate is properly. With Qobus , my DAC's register exactly what the streaming rate is. Be that 16/44   24/192  24/96, etc. Amazons streaming wont do that, I don't know why. Some how I think Amazon is cheating somehow or somewhere?  I am still keeping both for the time being. But, every time I listen, it is always Qobus I prefer. Just sounds better.  I will say that Amazon sounds very good and is easier to navigate though! Robert TN  Hope this helps someone.

@robshaw I stream both Qobuz and Amazon on an Auralic Aries Mini which displays sample rate in the app and both services show sample rate there.

Thanks for the response. I haven't listened to Amazon in a while, as I prefer Qobuz. In my main system, I use a Meitner DAC M1, which shows exactly the streaming rate. If I remember correctly, on the DAC, Amazon will show HI DEF, but it was always 24/192. When i use Qobuz, it will show exactly 16/24  24/48  24/96  24/192 depending in on the streaming rate of the song. I use a windows based computer to stream through my Meitner DAC hard wired via Ethernet cable.  Don't know whether I explained myself well enough.

I've used AmazonHD and compared to Qobuz using a Bluesound Node 2i into a PS Audio DirectSream DAC Sr. (coaxial and optical) and there is no difference whatsover between the two services when played back BitPerfect..

I did a comparison video last year that anyone with Bluesound can try.

I'm actually in the same boat with the comparisons between the two services.  I've had Amazon Music HD for awhile now and really enjoy it.  However, when I purchased my new Bluesound Node (the newest version) last month, I was given a 60-day free trial of Qobuz.  So, I'm in the early stages of doing A - B testing between the two.  

If I had to choose RIGHT NOW, I'd probably go with Qobuz and pay the extra. However, on my junior league system -- it's not a slam dunk for Qobuz.  Both services sound really good on my set up, however, I do give the edge to Qobuz.

I will try to report back later when the 60-days is up.