I've been selling heavier gear for lighter gear

I've been thinking about this again. Yesterday I wrapped my freshly sold 55lb ss amp in a buncha bubble wrap, double boxed w/styro sides, then took to mail store (rolled in on a dolly). Later in the day I returned to pick up my 2nd Carver Black Magic tube amp, which weighs all of about 20lbs. If I hadn't bought them was gonna buy van Alstine monos, which are also small & light. 

Earlier this year sold 110lb speakers and bought kef blade 2 (80 lbs & easy to maneuver). 

I've been moving the platform stands around a bit for mono placements, and having lightweight amps is soooo relaxing. How about here, how bout there, np. 

Anyhoots, who else factors in the tonnage of the gear they buy? Any other 'lightweight' fans like me? 

128x128zufan

@zufan yeah, I get it. Earlier this year I went to FL from WA to pack up my deceased pop's rig that he left me...

B&W Matrix 800s (~250lbs ea)

VPI TNT V Hotrod (~150lbs)

Jadis JP80 MC (~70lbs)

Jadis Defy 7 (~80lbs)

Accuphase DP90 and DC 91 (~70lbs)

Cabling for all that I'm guessing 80lbs

And best of all the 1,300lbs of LPs...

I'm simultaneously eager and terrified the day I decide to set it all back up!!

Happy listening. (And lift with your back!)😨 

I came across a pair of Legacy Focus SE and a pair of Vandersteen 3A at very good condition and affordable prices.  Each speaker weighs 185 lb and 90 lb, respectively, however.  Very tempting but decide to pass them on just because of  weight factor.  I do not believe I need weighty gears to build a quality system.  The heaviest single component gear I own now is 35 lb and I plan to stick with that limit so I could swap/reposition them as I want any time.  

@musicfan2349 , this is why some have 'children'.  But....

One hopes they have sharp minds in lieu of strong backs.... ;)

"Hey, Dad!  Lets' hire some 'day labor' to move all this...." *L*

Light speakers tend to be flexible which can have negative effects on sound, especially in the lower registers.  A lot of my gear is pretty heavy (100 lb amps, 450 lb. speakers etc).  I didn't buy for weight, I bought for sound and the weight just happened to be there.