TechDAS Reliability vs SME

Thank you for your thoughts and advice!

Wondering what the long term reliability is for more complicated turntable designs such as TechDAS with vacuum hold down vs designs without vacuum hold down.  Also somewhat concerned about who would fix a TechDAS issue if you were to have one?

Currently have a Sota turntable with vacuum system and SME IV.VI arm but I'm getting some new Wilson Audio Alexia V early next year and would like to upgrade my table as well.  I purchased a Mutech Hayabusa and Sutherland little LOCO k2 but haven't installed.  

Thinking TechDAS III or V but also interested in the new MK2 SME model 15.  

Yes I know TechDAS looks like it should be in a laboratory but I do like the idea of the amount of technology they have invested in turntable design.  Essentially I do like the look of the TechDAS, especially when the AirForce III was in white/silver color.  

Chad has increased my vinyl collection a ton in the last few years so ready to spend some money on my table. 

Thoughts or vote SME vs TechDAS! 

chauncey

Dear @chauncey  :  The TechDAS is a " flavored " today Micro Seiki and nothing more than that. If I were you I will go " at blind "  for the SME 20/3 not the 15.

Your Alexia V , you and MUSIC deserve that.

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,

R.

I'd consider a better phono stage for the SOTA before chasing a better turntable.

Agree with @cleeds get yourself a better phono stage, maybe even look into a MSL cartridge.