External DAC for Sony SCD-777ES

My SCD-777ES has the Kern mods. Vishay resistors. Black gate capacitors.
Sounds good and easy to live with. Still far from the performance level of my turntable.
I would like to try an external DAC for red book.
There are many in the $ 500 to $ 1,500 used price range.
Please share with me your experiences.
Happy Holidays
dcaudio
I think dcaudio is looking for practical approaches and experiences not 3500 pc.

I listened to Vivaldi last night as well; Giuliano Carmignola Late Violin Concertos (SACD), very enjoyable and excellent recording.

You have a great New Year as well.

Chuck

Chuck
The AC2 can be picked up for~$1575; that's within his stated range. I'm not suggesting he buy it---just 'try it'.
That Vivaldi is a charmer isn't he.
Sorry but that still seems like alot for a power cord but hey if it works then thats what matters.

Yup agree I love his music I have quite a bit of it.

Chuck
the Musical fidelity X-DAC v8 retails for $1500 and performs far beyond it's price point. i replaced my Tri-vista 21 with this, the X-dac images much better.
i use a Sony 9000es as a transport, the dac sounds way better than the sony alone.
Update. Followed the advice to buy the auction of a Superclock on Audiogon:
1. Super Clock 4 never installed and Audiocom Super Clock 2/3 power supply was used with previous SC versions. Power supply is used.
2. Will use a high end power cable.

I will do these two first. After I see the results, I plan to revisit the external DAC. My sense is this is big bang for little money and can't go wrong.
Thanks