Klipsch Speakers

I have a pair of Klipsch Forte IVs, they are bright will a tube amp really help? 

silverfoxvtx1800

@silverfoxvtx1800 The EQ is a Technics SH-8020. It was build in the 80s and works really well. I bought this particular one because it has sufficiently many bands so I can adjust just the right ones.

Luxman 590AXII driving my Forte IV's.  Didn't care for all-tube (pre and amp w/2A3's); for me much better w/Class A solid-state. Augmented w/RELS/510 and never bright unless the recording is.

@silverfoxvtx1800 In my experience the McIntosh amps (and integrated amps) with the autoformer output stages tend to sound smoother.  I have a pair of Focal Sopra No2's which can sound very bright, but being driven by a McIntosh amp (with autoformers), they really pair well.  One of my audiophile buddies came over for a listen and remarked to me that he loved that McIntosh "tube sound"...

@silverfoxvtx1800 ,  Thanks for telling us about your system. 

The Forte IV is a pretty great speaker. Before I would move on and conclude it's not your taste, I'd try a different front end amp and possibly source. 

Like @mrmojo  above, I have tried Fortes and Cornwall IVs with Primaluna and Elekit 300b amongst others.  I think you may owe it to yourself to try different amps. 

One combination I had that was sublime was using a Schitt Freya in front of the Elekit or a Carver Crimson 275.  

I'm a bit of a tube head, BUT, I was shocked to hear how good the CWIVs sounded with a Marantz KI Ruby integrated.  

How loud do you like to listen/drive?  If you don't listen very loud, SET amps can be spellbinding.  Yet, tossing a good hunk of power at such efficient speakers can sometimes be unnecessary, not better, or other times amazing.  It just depends. 

I would play around with stuff. But that's just me. In today's world, you can go out and scoop up something just to try it. 

Dynamat works wonders ( you can also use Peel & Seal roofing repair tape ). Stop the resonance and vibration !