Rhodium...hmmm

I recently purchased pc for cd player with rhodium ends on both...I wasnt feeling the mojo from it and was not content with lowend resolution/grunt.I switched ac/male end with nice furutech copper and it has made the difference...Im surprised at the difference that it has made.Bass has more info/definition/warmth and high end still has sparkle with the neutral transparency that rhodium (iec) seems to offer.I know this has been talked about alot and probably deserves a duh!.. Rhodium indeed has its place in my system after all this time.Like it.

digsmithd

@clearthinker you may not hear a difference between pure copper and rhodium plated copper.  I have built a lot of cables and I do.  As I said above, YMMV.

kn

@knownothing    listening tests are invalid unless they are blind.

I hope YMMV doesn't stand for 'you make me vomit'?

.... go and do a blind test and then come back ...

Instead of orders others around, why don’t you start by telling us the results of your own blind tests? How were they conducted? How many subjects, how many trials? What was revealed?

Or, is blind testing something you require only of others?

Anybody sensible requires blind testing by people who allege they can hear differences that are not expected to exist according to known science.

That is the basis for all science accepted by all authorities.  Claims that do not respect scientific method have no validity.  Imagine hospitals issued you with drugs that had been 'tested' by asking people what they think they felt on a Tuesday evening at 9.15pm.

Anybody sensible requires blind testing by people who allege they can hear differences that are not expected to exist according to known science.

That is the logical fallacy known as circular reasoning, or begging the question; it means the premise of the argument is used as the "proof." You can't on the one hand argue in favor of science, and then ignore it by engaging in ill logic.

Claims that do not respect scientific method have no validity.

Sez you. This is a hobbyist's group, not a scientific forum. If you seek iron-clad scientific data for all claims here, you are likely in the wrong place. If you seek change, you might begin by sharing the results of your own tests - the sorts of tests you demand from others.