Eeny, meeny, miny, moe...

I have a collection of integrated amps, preamps and amplifiers, that I rotate occasionally. I am happy with my speakers but there is always one combination of electronics where I find synergy. Anyone else? 

voodoolounge

I have two amps -- Quicksilver Monoblock 60's and Pass XA 25. They're in regular rotation and both work very nicely with my speakers. The 6SN7 preamp is not something I feel inclined to rotate with my Quicksilver Line Stage. I have lost my taste for the 12AT tubes compared to the 6SN7.

@hilde45  I likely missed your stating so elsewhere on this forum however want to know which 6SN7 pre do you own.  Thanks.

Catch that often elusive something by the toe.  Right now it's Hegel h360 int. with LRS or VA Bach Grands.  Nice combo but will be switching out soon for my Rogue Atlas magnum tube amp and Perseus tube pre.  Or maybe my DNA .5 and the Perseus?  Or maybe it's time to bi-amp my old Snell type D again?  I do really enjoy switching out gear and getting a different take on things occasionally.  Keeps things interesting! 

I've settled for a monogamous relationship with my system since I can't afford a harem of gear. 

All the best,
Nonoise

Of all the components I roll, changing preamps is perhaps the most jarring and hard to accept once I get used to an incumbent preamp. It’s all the subtle cues and nuances a preamp has that adds up to define their DNA of sound. I can change amps and immediately appreciate the far LESS subtle changes in bass, midrange, and treble - it’s a different perspective and some amps do better with some kinds of music, but I can always appreciate those differences. But when I change preamp my brain is more likely to go: WAIT, WHAT?! Even though its individual sonic difference are more subtle :)