Where to buy vinyl?

Hello all,

I want to start off my brother in laws vinyl collection and want to get about 30 albums in a wide selection.

Pink Floyd, steely Dan, dire straights, etc lots of ear candy 

but, where to buy?please let me know good experiences, much appreciated!

jimmy890

Discogs.

Of all the bigtime vendors that sell used vinyl, the stringency that used vinyl people demand of their sellers is most likely to be observed and respected by the Discogs seller. Buying new vinyl is fine, and there are plenty of options for that, but finding quality pressings at reasonable prices for vintage pressings (I’d recommend not only choosing only those sellers with 99.8%-100% rating, but ones with comprehensive descriptions of the items in question, and don’t be afraid to ask for pictures if you’re curious, and don’t suffer the fools that show unresponsive/late/sloppy/irresponsible correspondence with you, the customer) is relatively easy and hassle-free on Discogs.  The ability as a buyer to purchase with exact specificity a particular vinyl pressing one has on Discogs is also a big plus if one knows exactly which pressing they want.

I find Discogs, like any third-party vendor, is not perfect (I’ve had a few dud sellers I’ve dealt with) but all of the things I mentioned about it remain true, and the number of perfect transactions I’ve had vastly outweigh the number of bad transactions.

I find being very informed before purchasing music on vinyl is very helpful, and the ability to know exactly the right pressing FOR YOU and then being able to purchase that very pressing with ease, reliability and (with some sleuthing and perhaps some luck) at a reasonable price is where Discogs is advantageous.

Discogs. What Jason said plus ultrasonic clean before first play

If you don’t do that buying new is a waste. I too hate LP noise

Try this: https://www.ebay.com/str/Audio-Archives-LLC-Cleveland-Vinyl

Here is his other site: http://www.clevelandvinyl.com/cleaning-process.html

The records are graded and steam cleaned. If you are buying 30, give him a call before ordering.

Good luck!