Mesh network versus a simple Wi-Fi extender

In anyone’s experience, does implementing a pricier Mesh network yield any sonic advantages to just using a good Wi-Fi extender and running a good Ethernet cable from that?  From people who have very good streamer setups it seems like using a simple but good Wi-Fi extender from TP-Link etc. is more than fine.  Thoughts?

soix

I’m using a Netgear Powerline 2000 with a cat 8 cord to and from.

Works great!

NETGEAR Powerline adapter Kit, 2000 Mbps Wall-plug, 2 Gigabit Ethernet Ports with Passthrough + Extra Outlet (PLP2000-100PAS) https://a.co/d/eZdgUP9

I experienced great improvements in sound quality when my Service provider took out the old router from my wifi network and replaced it with  pair of Mesh disc. Its a generic brand. I changed to a better brand eternet cable dont have much differences like changing the old router to these pair of mesh disc. 

Mesh is superb in my experience. But as others have stated, hardwire when possible. 

I'm was using a TP Link  Ethernet over AC adapter. I was having connection issues with my Innuos Zen. I have an Eero Mesh system. I recently placed an Eero mesh in the room and now I don't have connection problems. With both I just ran a ethernet cable from the the TP/Eero to the Innuos.  YMMV, but the Eero was a better solution for me.