Sound is better when I stand up?

Why is this? No matter my listening room (large basement with 7 1/2 foot ceilings or small office with 8’ ceilings), the sound is more open and more spacious when I stand up from my listening chair. When I sit, the sound compresses a bit. Sitting, the tweeters are about 5-6" above my ear level. Should I angle the speakers down?

My chair is at the apex of the .83 ratio Jim Smith suggests for getting better sound. I'm about 3' from the back wall and my standmount speakers are 3' from the front wall. 

What acoustics are responsible for this?

128x128simao

It's the wingback!

move a short back chair in same position, see what difference!

+1 jond.  With most speakers your ears should be at tweeter level to sound as spacious as intended.  Have you tried tilting the speakers towards you or raising your listening chair?

I was talking about the electrical phase at different frequencies that are shared around the crossover region between the tweeters and woofers, not one speaker being wired out-of-phase to the amplifier.  It’s a common issue with multi-driver speakers.  

I had a pair of speakers set up such that the tweeters were in line with my ears, yet I noticed similar experience as you had when standing. I found a Stereophile review of my speakers which stated that the tweeters measured better when higher than on-axis. I ended up raising my chair enough to better reveal higher freqs from the tweeter. So your speakers may have similar qualities.