New MOFI speaker (Andrew Jones)

Here is some info on the new MOFI/Jones speaker:

128x128mofimadness

It's a woofer/midrange.  He says he has never done one before and didn't really know what to expect.

There is no doubt that AJ gets praise every time he drops something new on the market.  When I heard Steve say in his wrap up...."a little on the bright side" and smaller scale presentation compared to his PAP speakers...I thought, not going to work for me...even though the imaging may be top shelf.

It will be interesting to see if other reviewers with other rooms and different gear draw the same conclusions.

I can only judge the looks: it's very British, a bit of modern, a bit retro, industrial, crude, charmingly clumsy. Still: functional and I like it, I find it reasonably handsome. But it's just not a beauty, not stunning in any way, like a lot of others at this price point and I would not want it to take up space in my living room.  
Of course if they sounded like 8000 dollars speakers that could convince me.

Hi All,

Last night on Steve Guttenberg podcast interviewing

AJ he said he never created a concentric this large before his past one were 4" 5" concentrics but never a 10".

Also he said his target price pt was going to be lower but once into the project and working out the kinks they had to raise the cost, I still havent heard them yet anybody hear them and hows the sound ?

Second question whatever happen to Rick from hfc

High Fidelity cables are they still in business ?

P.s. Beware of cheap chinese tubes

So, Guttenberg has a nice Pass amp/pre, Mola Mola DAC, a Jays Audio transport, and a — wait for it —- Node 2i streamer?  Seriously???  Which one doesn’t belong?  Sheesh.