Best way to keep REL sub from “hopping around” at high volumes

Hey folks, any “best practices” for keeping my REL sub in one place at high volumes?  It’s on hardwood (and/or tile), no carpet.  Besides using something sticky on the feet — like double sided tape, I can’t think of anything besides a brick on top, lol.    Anything that’s worked for you ?   Of course, only happens at high volumes, it tends to vibrate itself around a bit (nothing crazy),   Ideas?

Thanks, Jim

jhajeski

To those who inquired about how loud and whether I watch action movies very loud….just music.   My nominal setting on the REL is about 50%.  And, I should’ve been more clear, it certainly doesn’t happen all the time; only when I’m in one of those “crank up the volume” moods.   Certainly also depends on the bass content of whatever I’m listening to.  The floor is just very slippery.  
But, the suggestions here are exactly what I needed.    So, THANK YOU to those of you who tossed in an idea or recommendation.  

jim 

Great post. I too have the same question. In fact, I believe I asked REL and cannot find a response. It is not just during loud listening sessions, my pair of 212 SX migrate over time. I know because I have tape on the floor to mark their position. Additionally, people assume it's from pumping bass with a high gain setting. I only have a few clicks of gain. The knobs are barely moved from zero. Additionally, I do not listen to bass heavy music. I thought maybe my floor was pitched, but a level shows it is true. Cement is the base under the flooring. I will look into each of the suggestions as well. @jhajeski please let me know what you choose?

did the op say that he listens inside a tent on a hockey rink?

couldn't resist... carry on...🤣

REL recommends Blu-Tack for your type of installation.

If you want to experiment with something a bit less compliant (than 3M Blu-Tack) try HandiTAK by the makers of Super Glue.

DAP BlueStik is a suitable replacement for Blu-Tack if you can't find the 3M product.

DeKay