What selections do you play when showing off your system to others?

I find that when I'm having someone listen to my system that I usually play the same 4 or 5 selections. I tend to lean towards vocals and acoustic presentations. Mine are as follows:

Hold That Line- Tedeschi Trucks Band

Roadhouse and Automobiles- Chris Jones

The Hunter- Jennifer Warnes

River Blues- Eric Bibb

Flight of the Hippo- Bela Fleck and the Flecktones

It's All in the Game- Merle Haggard

Your Bright Baby Blues- Jackson Browne

What are yours?

128x128thebingster

Anything by Chris Isaak

Beck- Morning Phase or Mutations

Hot Tuna - first self-titled

Graham Parker - The Mona Lisa’s Sister

@immatthewj 

I never watch a movie because it has good special effects (like I did in the old days) but because it is a good movie with a good plot a good script and good acting.  But I can only imagine, however, how much more I would like some of my favorite movies on a HT.

Yes they've got to have more than just special effects, even the very best - 2001, Mad Max 2 etc.

Otherwise like so many of the blockbuster Marvel/DC films, they are so easily forgettable afterwards. Spider-Man 2 and The Dark Knight were good, but I can't see myself in a hurry to watch them again. I have the DVDs but they've remained undisturbed in the cupboard for years.

Recently I've been watching some Robert Mitchum films and I was surprised to find I haven't seen a bad one yet! Even the later ones such as Farewell My Lovely and The Big Sleep were excellent.

I also remember one demo where they were using an helicopter scene out of one of the James Bond movies, I think Pierce Brosnan, to show off the system, subwoofers and all. If I remember correctly they even had some special chairs that would shake during the action sequences.

It was all very dramatic but my main thought was to get out of the room asap. Sometimes you don't want that much fake realism, you don't need that much fake realism.

Too much crash bang wallop.

I always let guests have the the first picks, the start working my faves into the mix. Usually I'll suggest Eva Cassidy, Aaron Neville, if it's Jazz, Charlie Haden and Pat Metheny "Beyond The Missouri Sky", Diana Krall. Eric Clapton and BB King "Riding with the King", Carlos Santana "Europa", Stevie Ray Vaughan "Texas Flood". 

Chocolate Chip Trip-Tool

Anything by Marcus Miller. Insanely great recordings. 

Hotel California- Eagles live

Fallin- Alicia Keys

Race with the Devil on a Spanish Highway- Al Dimeola

Don’t Stop Til You Get Enough- Michael Jackson

Eva Cassidy many tracks

Anything from the Made in Japan album by Deep Purple

Watermelon Man- Herbie Hancock

Bucks Boogie- Blue Oyster Cult

Phantom of the Opera- Iron Maiden

Fly Like an Eagle- Steve Miller

Kashmir- Marcin

Warriors- Too Many Zooz