Polk L100s - tube integrated recommendation

I have the L100s and very much enjoy them with SS. After 30years of SS I want to try tubes and of my 4 speakers sets I want to try the L100s with tubes.

Ken (Stereophile reviewer) wrote about how well the Cary SLI80HS works with the L100s, however, since this will be my entry into tubes I want to try something a little more affordable (<$3000 new). Can anyone suggest FROM EXPERIENCE a tube integrated that work well? Thanks.

lmartinez_02170

Thanks stereo5...consideration noted. Looking through some articles on the CM, I do think it has potential with the Polk L100s. I'm hoping others can weigh in on other experienced based options.

You really need to share what improvements/sound characteristics you’re looking for with switching to a tube integrated as their sound characteristics vary greatly.  Also, would you be open to a hybrid tube/SS design or do you want a pure tube amp?

Thanks donvito and soix.

Soix - my L100s and Quad 99pre/909 amps sound very good as mentioned above. I'm happy with them. I'm experimenting with tubes so I can't say I'm looking for an improvement but rather a very good experience of what tubes give in terms of audio playback. Things I enjoy in music played through audio equipment are natural tones, clean but not rigid bass and instruments, free of glare and/or hardness. Enjoyable, fun and not fatiguing.

I would be open to a hybrid tube/ss if it gave me the above. I can tell you I've tried a pure class d amp (from NAD) and it didn't suit my tastes. So tubes + class D may not work for me but who knows...I'm experimenting.

I have the Cronus Magnum II driving Ohm Walsh 5000s.  I don’t have much of anything to compare, but to me the sound is wonderful.  It fills the room.  When I think of listening when I’m away from the stereo, the memory is physical, if that makes sense.  I’ve become a big fan of funk!  It will certainly drive big woofers.   I’m not sure if it’s the speakers or amp or both, but most impressive is the detail and punch of bass and percussion, and dynamics in general.  I bought it used from a dealer.  He said to expect some noise, but mine is silent using an older PS Audio regenerator in a mostly ungrounded old house.  I have only upgraded the preamp tube a bit to a gold lion.