Why do so many sellers take offense to offers on their listings?

If you have the 'offer' feature activated then what's the problem with any offer. Comments like 'lowball' offers will be ignored just gives me a bad vibe. If your item has been up for sale then there is no insulting offer. I've made deals with people starting far apart and coming together. If you haven't noticed the audio market seems to have come to a standstill. Any opinions?

128x128bubba12

Knowledge is king, do your due diligence on the item you are either buying or selling both technically and financially. When it comes time to list or buy you have confidence in making a good transaction. One lesson I learned the hard way, is when you purchase an item with the idea that someday you will sell it to upgrade or no longer need it buy something that will retain some resale value. Case in point: Bought a Triumph Trident 900 motorcycle years ago for a good price and rode it for several years and then decided to sell. It was in perfect condition with only 5,000 miles, but Triumph is a niche brand, not like Honda orYamaha, and appeals to a certain crowd so it took a while to sell at 1/2 of the original cost. Now only buy items that I have confidence in selling in reasonable time at mineable loss.

Post removed 

@schw06 if you are selling at a reasonable price then you are probably not the person I am referring to in this post. One time I offered a pretty low offer on a piece because it had been on the site for over six months. At that point I don’t think there are any offensive offers.

@bubba12-definitely agree on any offer being fair for something that hasn't sold in 6 months. 

I’ve bought and sold gear, sometimes made money and occasionally broke even. Mostly ’common’ brands, Martin Logan, Emotiva, Tekton, NAD, Topping, B&W, Buchardt, etc. I price things just below the next lowest seller. I figure it gives me a slight advantage and ensures the buyer is getting a fair deal. My ultimate goal is for the buyer to be satisfied, and enjoy their purchase. Occasionally a buyer will low-ball, and I explain my pricing strategy, which will either lead to a sale or not. I figure if the lowest price available isn’t good enough for them, then they’re probably looking to resell. I’d rather keep the gear for a rainy day, dig it out of the closet a couple years later and it’s suddenly like a new toy again. There’s no offense taken by low- ball offers. People (myself included) can make financially sound purchasing decisions - especially with such non-essential items. And sellers (myself included) can be doing the same with selling decisions.